Contact Us Today 979-703-7014

News & Articles

How do I obtain a marriage license in Texas?

Posted by Chris Peterson | Jun 12, 2012 | 0 Comments

How do I obtain a marriage license in Texas?

In order for two adults to legally enter into a marriage in the state of Texas, a man and a woman must obtain a marriage license from the county clerk of any county in this state. The couple must both appear before the county clerk, provide proof of identity, fill out an application provided by the county clerk, and take the oath printed on the application form.

The couple must then participate in a ceremony that is to be conducted within 31 days of the issuing of their license. If a ceremony is not conducted, or an authorized person does not conduct the ceremony, the marriage license expires.

If you need a Bryan-College Station Texas Family Lawyer, contact Peterson Law Group at 979-703-7014.

About the Author

Chris Peterson

Chris Peterson is the owner of Peterson Law Group. He practices primarily in the areas of wills, trusts and estate planning; probate and trust administration; elder law; and business law. Chris is also the owner of Brazos 1031 Exchange Company.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Peterson Law Group
979-703-7031 (fax)
Mon: 08:30am - 05:30pm
Tue: 08:30am - 05:30pm
Wed: 08:30am - 05:30pm
Thu: 08:30am - 05:30pm
Fri: 08:30am - 05:30pm